Wednesday 28 November 2018

Three quilts for one family

Last week, my sister became a grandmother again. A little girl...we are very happy all is right with the little one and her Mum. So I thought I would give her a little quilt to play on.

Nothing complicated. I started with a little favorite brown bear fabric piece. And continued adding strings of fabric.

On the back are two strawberry fabrics, small and big prints. The binding is made of leftover pieces of fabric of the quilt.

It has been washed (and being folded, hence all the wrinkles) and ready to play on!


Because she already has a small brother and sister I thought I would give them quilts to play with or snuggle under. This one is a rag quilt and full of birds, turtles,

Dachshunds,

Fish, flowers and...

different animals on the back. 

It feels soft and is not very big. I hope her brother likes it!

 Her older sister of 4 will be given this quilt. It is full of little houses, trees,

 Forest animals,

 And all different kind of fabrics, a bit whimsical and strange.


 It is big enough to fit her big bed or make a tent!

 At the back you see a Kaffe Fasset print. I had lots of it but this is the last piece. In the corner some of my favorite left over pieces.



 A few close ups. It is quilted with a Aurifil thread with different colours which was in my closet for long!

It fitted this quilt well.

Yesterday I met my sister's grandchild only 2 days old! I think I could have stayed there, just adorable!  
I left these 3 quilts with their new owners. I hope they will be used over and over again!

GroetjesAnnemieke

All quilts are made out of cotton fabrics, sewn and quilted by machine.


No comments: