Monday 12 May 2014

What makes me happy today



De tekst in het hart op het rode velour, iets voor mij om te onthouden:

La vie est la traversée d ún pont très étroit l'esentiel est de ne pas avoir peur

(Life is crossing a very narrow bridge the key is not to be afraid)

Uit het boek van Lea stansal: Le monde de Léa, patwork & Broderies,  zou ik alles wel kunnen maken.  Dit hart hierboven is zo'n voorbeeld. Het borduurwerk, de tekst en rand er om heen...mooi en een beetje gek tegelijk.

From the boek : Le monde de Léa, patwork & broderie. I could make all of the patterns. Everything is different, a bit crazy but beautiful. I love the embroidery on the heart, the rufles and ofcourse the text.

Deze quilt staat hier . Hij is van Loretta Bennet (Gee's Bend). Ook op mijn lijstje om zoiets nog eens te maken. Zonder patroon, werken op gevoel. Ik kan er naar blijven kijken :)

This quilt is here  It is made by Loretta Bennet ( Gee's Bend). It is on my list to make one day, without a pattern just work on intuition. I can keep on looking at it:) 


 Dit is een van mijn 'home made' beertjes, het is mijn eigen patroon. Een beetje apart een rode beer met een wit eendje, maar daarom wel een van mijn favouriete beren.

This is one of my 'home made'  bears, my own pattern. A bit weird: a red bear with a little white duck, but that is probably why I like him.


Tijdens een fietsrondje met de hondjes in het fietskarretje zagen we de berm vol in bloei met de Hommel molen langs de ringvaart, er midden in.

I made a trip by bike and my small dog trailer while we saw all those plants flowering around the 'Hommel mill'  (Hommel is the name of the mill, it means bumblebee).



Pioenrozen: om nooit genoeg van te krijgen!!! Ik vind ze ieder jaar weer een verassing.  Als de zon erop staat pak ik gauw mijn foto toestel.

Peonies: One of my favorite flowers, they surprise me every year. When the sun starts shining on the flowers I get out my camera as quick as I can.

Een goed begin van de week,

Have a good start of the week,


Groetjes
Annemieke









3 comments:

Pauline said...

Wat laat je weer veel verrukkelijks zien, Annemiek! Dat hart met tekst is super en die quilt, om zo los uit de pols te kunnen werken, om jaloers op te worden!
De pioenen staan er prachtig bij, bloeien ze bij jou nu al?

Dawn said...

Beautiful! Love the quilts, and your bear. I made a white mohair bear ;-) I love them. Peonies are also a favorite flower. Thank you for sharing!

Joana said...

Hello Anne
This is a beautiful work, I would love to know how to make an equal.
Joana