Friday 16 October 2015

Stay in (doll) bed weather.


This dolls bed was hidden under other things in a charity shop. I was able to buy it for almost nothing and the woman in the shop was glad she finally sold it! Well, this bed made my day!!! I'm so happy I found it.

It is quite heavy, solid and has its original paint. It looks old to me and so nice to display doll quilts of course!

There is a bottom made out of board with small holes in it. So I made a mattress and found an old doll pillow and self made doll quilt in my closet.

 
The little quilt on this bed is this one. The pattern is called: 'hidden nine patch or disappearing nine patch'
It is a fun and easy pattern to work with.


I made this doll  from a Tilda book in january 2010. Her body fabric is stretchy so she is a little bit bigger than she is supposed to be but that is all right with me.

And even if you are awake you would want to stay in this bed with a good book ;)

ps. the bed meassures:
length: 57cm by width: 33cm

Have a nice day!

Groetjes

Annemieke

8 comments:

conny's quilts en creaties said...

Wat een leuk bedje en zo mooi aangekleed met die quilt en pop, mooie foto's heb je ervan gemaakt. Ben wel benieuwd hoe groot dit poppenbed ongeveer is.

Annemieke said...

Dank je wel! Het bedje meet 57 bij 33 cm. Ik heb het er gelijk even bij gezet.
Groetjes
Annemieke

Pinkadot Quilts said...

How adorable! I love the picture of her reading in bed!!!

Supergoof said...

wat een geweldig leuke plaatjes! En die laatste!! :o))))))))))

apiecefullife said...

That is so cute. You have made a real find.

Sis Voorn said...

Geweldige combi die TWEE !

Annelein said...

Wat een lieverd... en zo'n heerlijk bedje... wie wil dat niet...*Ü*...

Lucy said...

Helemaal top. Het bedje, het quiltje, de pop en de foto's.