Friday 15 December 2017

Scraps and hexagons


This pile consists of a little bit more than 750 hexagons. I made them out of...

 these scraps given to me by a friend.

In about a week time, all of the paper hexagons were covered with fabric.

So much fun to discover all the different prints!

 I opened up a box of hexagons I made a few years ago,

about 350 of the same size hexagons (3/4 inch sides) in this box.

In total I have now 1100 hexagons in this basket, mixed up, ready to be sewn together,

into a quilt. I started a little piece today. I will be using some old pieces of fabric like the flowers on the left which are bigger than the hexagons, in between as little surprises.
I started this last week as an 'in between project', easy for taking with me while traveling or watching television....I always know how to sell a new project to myself!!!

Have a great weekend,

GroetjesAnnemieke



2 comments:

BezigeBijMirjam said...

Wat een hoeveelheid scraps. En ook al zoveel hexagonnen ervan gemaakt. Veel plezier met deze restjesquilt.

Nifty Quilts said...

Fun project, and beautiful too! You make the best use of scraps.