Saturday 11 November 2017

Inspired by ' The 1765 Huis Doorn quilt'


Although I have a few pictures from the quilt from 'huis Doorn' and from a book by An Moonen it is still very difficult to see which fabrics were used. To make it more difficult: lots of the originals were covered in the beginning of 1900. Therefore I decided to choose my own fabrics and colours. I keep an eye on the pictures and when I can, I try to work in the colours or shades of the original.





Lots more fabric came in this week, from a friend. And being washed and dried, on my balcony.

Folded and put in the basket. Most of it comes from thrift shops (ties, blouses,fabric remnants) and were given by friends or found by me. Amazing how many silk varieties in just one basket!!!


This weekend 'm working on these blocks. Preparing during the day and sewing in the evening , in front of the tv.

This a very special piece a friend gave me. It has beautiful colours and has machine embroidery all over it.


I still have a lot of drawing to do. Some very strange blocks too. So more to come soon hopefully.
Also the best thing would be in the near future, if I could see the original from the museum. No news yet about it though. It is still in depot.

Have a nice weekend,
Groetjes
Annemieke

4 comments:

Carli The Quilter said...

wow! I wish yoh great success! I will finish up my next 11 crazy quilts and then I too will make a silk quilt. Your blocks are immaculate. Look really neat and tidy. so enjoying your blog posts.

audrey said...

These are beautiful!!

Nifty Quilts said...

You do great things with silk. No wonder it is coming to you! From the peeks, it looks like this is going to be a beautiful quilt.

Unknown said...

I just found your site and wanted to your work and imagination are beautiful and I enjoyed looking at your marvelous creations. thank you for sharing.