Saturday 20 January 2018

Some January finishes and WIP

This little quilt is made out of scraps which I almost discarded. Now it is finished, it looks quite cheerful and I'm happy I saved the little squares.


I used my Bernina 807, from the seventies, for it.  I found this sewing machine once in a thrift store. It came in its original red case, compleet with all the assessors. After cleaning and replacing the bobbin winder spool, it is sewing great.





Facts:
Machine sewn and quilted.
Size: 80cm by 87cm (31,5 by 34 inches)
Fabrics all cotton, Batting: wool

This is a little pouch with a crocheted edge. The outside fabric is made of an antique French piece of fabric I bought in Nantes  few years ago. It was just the right size.

 Inside fabrics are new and thrift store fabrics.

The crocheted edge is made with a perle cotton number 5. ctually I embroidered all my Teddy bear noises with this;)

 In the meantime I'm working with all the hexagons made out of scraps I told you about in my previous post. This is the middle part....

which is growing into this. The next rows will be turning from light yellow into brighter yellow. The inspiration for this came from an old Dutch quilt which is in the open air museum in Arnhem .

Have a nice weekend,

GroetjesAnnemieke


5 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my, that hexie quilt is going to be spectacular!

Nifty Quilts said...

You are doing wonderful things with small scraps! That hexagon quilt is going to be an accomplishment of a lifetime!

Quilting moesje said...

Wat leuk Annemieke ! En zo mooi ook :0) je kleine vierkantjes quilt
Ik heb onlangs ook een Bernina gekregen van de (overleden ) moeder van vriendin van mij.
Ik heb hem ook een onderhouds beurt en na laten kijjen gegeven.
Goed idee...Wie weet gebruik ik voor quilten toch eens een machine; 0)

ineke said...

you are a hard worker. Very nice. Ineke

IMR said...

What a beautiful sight those hexies are