I started to work on my 70's tulip quilt, which I mentioned here .All the applique is down but I want to embroider over it, so work on this one will continue.
On holiday in June, I started this kaleidoscope quilt. Not as easy as it seems. I really had to pay attention to what colours (and shades) to pick.
Somewhere in between projects I made this top with the big churn dash blocks. I loved working with big blocks for a change. I used thrift shop shirts, new quilt fabric, old French fabric, a handkerchief and some 80's fabric.
I started to embroider from this book by Cecile Franconi. All of the projects are not big, easy to finish in a couple of days. And the more I practice the more I learn. Fun to learn new things!
This is a card I embroidered for a good friend. There is no pattern in the book, but I just thought to give it a go and learn on the way.
Another good friend send me lots of silk pieces for a new exciting project, all the way from the USA.
After washing and ironing it looked like this.
With the help of my husband, I draw blocks, mostly on the computer, after a quilt from 1765, in possession of Huis Doorn (the Netherlands) but once made in the UK. Sadly the quilt is in a depot. I hope to see it once.
There is a picture of it in this book by An Moonen on page number 124 and 125.
I enjoyed making a replica of the 1718 quilt ( York, UK). Since the 1765 quilt from Huis Doorn reminded me of the 1718 quilt I started thinking of making another replica. I hope to show you more blocks soon. I'm still collecting silks, which is not that easy, but fun. It will be my first silk quilt.